Christian Counseling Services
“The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” [John 14:26]
We believe that with God, all things are possible. Through your relationship with God, your journey in healing will be accelerated.
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” [Psalm 32:8]
At Gearing Up, we offer counseling based on Christian beliefs, practices and worldviews. While our Christian beliefs are our “guidance system,” we do not impose these viewpoints on our clients. We are delighted to meet you where you are in your spiritual journey.
At Gearing Up, our Christian Counseling:
- Uses biblical truth and clinical insight to foster your increased problem solving skills.
- Assists you in transition to improved emotional stability, interpersonal maturity, personal wholeness, and spiritual strength by drawing on the strength of Jesus Christ.
- Uses scripture for counsel and guidance with challenging issues you are facing in your life.
- Strengthens your relationship with Christ through Bible-based therapy strategies.
- Integrates current psychological methods and scientific processes with behavioral standards declared by scripture.
- Equips you to love and care for yourself in the same spirit that Christ loves and cares for you.
- Teaches you how to nurture your relationships with others according to the Bible.
- Prayer is offered as requested to promote hope, insight and healing.
Christian Counseling Services are available for all of our clients in all of our treatment modalities (individual, marital, family, etc.). Please specify your preference for a Christian counseling perspective when making your appointment so we can assign your treatment to the Christian therapists on our staff.
“And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” [Psalm1:3]
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave himself up for her.” [Ephesians 5:25]
Gearing Up offers the best techniques in marital recovery and we are delighted to offer these same amazing techniques within a Christian framework. If you select the option of Christian CoupLinks with the Drs. Gearing, we will use prayer, scripture and spiritual discussions to increase Christ’s central role in your marriage. By putting Him in center of your marriage, your marriage will be blessed beyond imagining.